René Muré

When Michel Muré settled in Rouffach and plants his vineyard in the 17th century, he surely had little conception of the beautiful adventure that he was setting in motion for his descendants…

In 1935, Alfred Muré extended the property with the addition of the 12-hectare (25-acre) wholly owned Clos St Landelin, foreseeing its potential for exceptional quality. He replanted the terraces, ideally situated with their sunny exposure and shelter from the rain.

Nowadays it is Alfred’s grandson René, together with his children Véronique and Thomas, the 11th and 12th generations of the family, who are responsible for running this exceptional, wholly-owned vineyard and its neighbouring terroirs, using biodynamic methods.

The estate is 25 hectares (62 acres), within 12 hectares (25 acres) that represent the Clos St Landelin.

Visit Rene Mure’s Site