Here is the Definitive List of Our Top 10 Californian Wines.
Scroll down our blog for more information on these exclusive wines!
- 2013 Opus One: The Composer’s Masterwork… Mondavi and Rothschild linked through the king of Californian Bordeauxs.
- 2004 Dominus Estate Dominus: Christian Moueixs’ not-so-little slice of California at Napanook.
- 2013 Vérité La Muse: A combination of old world experience and new world fruit. The wine is a distinct blend of varietals harvested from small vineyard blocks, each cuvée culminating in a bespoke union of grape varieties, climate, soil expression and winemaking technique.
- 2014 L’Aventure Optimus: Black raspberries, spice box, dried flowers and underbrush in a full-bodied, balanced and lengthy package. A great example of what’s to come from Paso Robles.
- 2012 Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Cask 23 Cabernet Sauvignon: Combining the S.L.V. and Fay; Aromas of black cherry, cola, currant and ripe figs begin the nose of this rich and opulent Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2014 L’Aventure Côte a Côte: Deep, full-bodied, gorgeously layered and with plenty of fine tannin, this big, rich 2014 is loaded with notions of cassis, toasted spice, peppery herbs and graphite.
- 2013 Cardinale: Mt. Veeder, Spring Mountain, Howell Mountain, Oakville, and Diamond Mountain come together in perfect harmony. Likened to Coltrane’s “Love Supreme” and Led Zeppelin’s “Houses of the Holy”, “…deep, powerful and explosive..”.
- Opus One The Overture: As a natural extension of the creation of the estate’s signature cuvée – Opus One – Overture’s varietal composition evolves based on the lot selections made for each vintage. Overture reflects the proportion of Bordeaux-heritage grape varieties planted on the estate: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot & Malbec. Uniquely, Overture captures the essence of the estate across vintages; therefore the exact blend and cellar approach will always differ from Opus One.
- 2013 HdV Chardonnay: This Napa-Burgundy love child balances the finesse of Romanée-Conti with the brashness of Hyde Estate. White peach, tangerine and citrus blossom with balanced acidity.
- 2015 Flowers Sonoma Coast Chardonnay: Blending from the two extreme vineyards of Camp Meeting Ridge and Seaview Ridge, this stunning wine layers richness against minerality.