Recipe by Danièle Tassoni courtesy of Chateau Climens.
Serves 6 people.
200g per person of beef cheek or hock, sliced
4 carrots, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
200g fresh mushrooms, sliced
2L beef stock
2 bottles of sweet wine (try Chateau Climens)
- In a cocotte, cook onion in oil and butter until translucent. Remove from cocotte.
- Deglaze the cocotte with a splash of wine.
- Add a small amount of olive oil followed by the sliced meat. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Once the meat has been seared, add the onion and carrot slices.
- Mix in a small amount of flour, followed by the sweet wine and beef stock.
- Leave stew to cook on low heat until soft (approx. 1.5hr)
- In a pan, sauté mushroom slices in butter and baste with some lemon juice.
- Remove the meat from the cocotte and reduce the sauce.
- After reduction, add the cooked mushroom and meat to the stew and let sit for a few minutes before serving.